The ability is the ability and readiness for something . The concept can be used to name the degree of competence of a subject against an objective . It is important to emphasize that the ability can be innate or developed from training, practice and experience.
He thought , meanwhile, is the product of the mind . The rational activities of the intellect and the abstractions of the imagination are responsible for the development of thought.
The notion of thinking ability is associated with the ability to develop mental processes that allow solving different issues . There are thinking skills to express ideas clearly, to argue from the logic, symbolize situations, recover past experiences or perform synthesis, for example. Each skill can be described based on the performance that the subject can achieve.
The different types of thinking involve the implementation of different skills. He literal thinking It is related to skills such as:
* perception: it allows us to be aware of something that is evident through the senses, notice the result of those things that stimulate us sensory;
* the observation: we use it for the attentive study of a warned issue through our perception. Thanks to this ability, we are able to extract data from our environment to identify shapes, textures, colors, number and qualities of the objects that surround us;
* discrimination: serves to understand the differences between aspects or parts of a whole and be able to separate them;
* identification: it gives us the possibility to assign a word to identify a concept, a thing, a phenomenon, a place or a kind of living being. It is through identification that we can establish an order and a series of codes in our memory, to be able to take advantage of the information we absorb in our daily lives. Needless to point out the great importance of this ability, since it is the basis of learning;
* the pairing: it allows to recognize the similarities of two objects and to associate them in a pair, clearly defined of the rest;
* the identification of details: it is the discrimination of very small and specific parts of a everything;
* the memory of details: it helps us to raise awareness of certain past data that may be necessary or important for our present;
* the ordering: also called sequencing, is to establish some type of order (such as being hierarchical, alphabetical or chronological) for our ideas.
He critical thinking On the other hand, it involves other types of skills, such as:
* the judgment, the critic and the opinion: they allow us to carry out the analysis of the data that we perceive, to later use them as a base in the conception that we have of our surroundings;
* the evaluation: it serves to issue value judgments that, in turn, lead us to decide which path to take at each step;
* Metacognition: makes us aware of our own actuate and of our mental processes.
Finally, the inferential thinking recognize:
* the inference: allows the use of information with which we have for the elaboration of new information, through analytical processes;
* the comparison: it serves to study objects and recognize their similarities and differences. A variation is contrast, which is based mainly on the finding of the differences;
* The description: consists of warning the characteristics of a phenomenon, object or living being and exposing them through words or images. It is related to the explanation, the ability to convey the functioning or appearance of something through language.
In a broader and more general sense, basic thinking skills refer to processes which allow obtaining accurate and orderly information on the characteristics of an object of observation. From there, the most complex skills can be developed.